Note: Please make sure that you backup your files to a computer before you update your tablet's firmware. All content will be deleted. You can re-download your purchased and/or free apps from the Amazon Appstore once the firmware update is completed.
Make sure that the firmware update that you are installing is higher or equal to your tablet's current firmware version. You can check the version you are currently running by doing the following: Open "Settings" on the tablet, then select "About Device" and read the number under "Firmware version". The number you see here should be equal to or less than the Firmware version listed on our Updates webpage.
Part 1: Download the firmware file.
IMPORTANT: This step must be performed on a computer. Trying to download this file on your tablet will result in an unsuccessful firmware download as the file can not be unzipped on our Polaroid tablets. Please read through all instructions before proceeding.
On your computer, please logon to www.southerntelecom.com/polaroidsupport/firmware
1. Find your model number located on the back of the tablet.
2. Select your model number on the support page, the download process will begin.
3. Then select Save, and save it your your computer.
4. Once the file has finished downloading, you must unzip the file.
Note: you will need to have a zip program such as 7-Zip, WinZip or WinRAR to unzip the files. If you do not already have a zip program, then Download 7-zip here.
Part 2: Install the firmware file.
1. Remove the micro SD card from the tablet.
2. Hold the "Power" button down to power off the tablet.
3. In the "Power Off" dialog box, press "OK" to confirm.
4. Connect the tablet to your computer with the supplied USB cord.
5. The tablet's "USB Connected" screen will appear. Select "Turn on USB storage", then select "OK"
(If you do not see the Turn on USB storage message on the tablet screen, then unplug and reconnect the tablet to your computer).
6. Find the firmware file you downloaded from our support site. "Click and drag" or "Copy and paste" the Firmware file onto your tablet. Be sure not to place this file in any folders.
7. Now select "Turn off USB Storage" on the tablet's screen, then unplug the tablet from the computer (step one says the Firmware version should be higher than the tablet's current version. Actually, it must be
higher or equal to).
8. You will now be directed to the firmware update dialog screen (be sure to carefully read the on-screen instructions before you proceed)
9. Make sure you have the tablet plugged in to a wall receptacle using the included AC adaptor (if the tablet powers off by accident during the install process, the tablet and the information can be corrupted).
10. Press "Install" to begin the firmware update.
11. You will receive a brief message that your device will reboot. At this point your tablet will go into "Recovery Mode". It is recommended that you do not move or unplug the device until the update process is completed.
12. When complete, you may be prompted to calibrate the screen. This means the update was successful and your tablet is now running the latest firmware version.
13. You can check the version you are currently running by doing the following: Open "Settings" on the tablet, then select "About Device" and read the number under "Firmwareversion".
14. Your tablet is now set to factory default settings. All settings such as date and time, wifi settings, email settings, and more will have to be reset.